How do I get my images to you?
What kind of files can you accept?
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (If less than 15mb).
- Large files can be sent by 'yousendit.com' or we can download from your ftp site.
- Or pop a disc in the post.
How will the finished files be returned to me?
- We can accept any file that will open in Adobe Photoshop.
- We can also accept PDFs, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In-Design files and QuarkXpress.
- The ideal file for us to work from would be the original Photoshop layered artwork.
Is there anything we need to tell you before you start converting the images?
- We normally use 'yousendit' or we can upload them to your FTP site or send them on a disc.
- 3D conversions will be returned as RGB JPEG or PSD files. We can supply them in CMYK but we find printers and newspapers prefer to convert the RGB files to CMYK to suit their own particular printing profile.
- Lenticular conversions will be returned as CMYK tiffs for print. We will include a .mov file for you to check the effect.
- Red Reveal files will be returned as a CMYK tiff for print or RGB for web.
What about 3D Glasses or Red Reveal Filters?
- Tell us the size you are printing them so we give you the best resolution.
- Tell us your deadline and we will meet it.
- They are best bought direct from our manufacturer.
- We hold a stock of 3D and Red Reveal glasses and filters and we would be pleased to quote.
|Anaglyph (red/blue) 3D Conversions
What kind of images can be converted to 3D?
Can I check to see if my image is suitable for 3D before it's converted?
- Any image can be converted into 3D; Photographs, illustrations, line art or text headlines.
- The best images to convert are those with 'depth' i.e. things in the foreground, middle distance and background.
- Avoid dark subjects on white backgrounds or plain white backgrounds. Small type is best not in 3D.
- Yes - simply use a pair of red/cyan 3D specs on your image and see if there is any 'flashing' (part of the image very dark in one eye and very light in the other). This usually happens where there is a bright red area - if you can balance out those colours, that will help the 3D effect.
- Check that the image you send to us is the right way round - 3D Conversions cannot be reversed (flipped horizontally) once they are done because the depth goes 'inside-out' and looks wrong.
How do we prepare the artwork for Red Reveal?
What kind of fonts work best in Red Reveal?
- Simply create a separate file for each message and type in the message you want hidden.
- If you want an image revealed then send us the image and let us know the size of the job.
- Any font can be converted into Red Reveal but some work better than others.
- LCD font is favourite which is good for encoding numerals too.
- Small type also hides well in Red Reveal.